Welcome to my little bit of cyber-space. It is my prayer that all who enter here may be richly blessed by the God of all grace. All praise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Remodeling

We are in the middle of a long-planned project to build a laundry room/shower room on our ground floor. For the past thirty-three years we have lived in this house, both the washer/dryer and the only shower have been in the basement. After thousands of trips up and down the steps, we finally are working on making this dream a reality.

We hired a couple of guys to close in and insulate a section of our back porch. My husband is doing the plumbing and wiring himself. Today we went to order the washer/dryer. We left them at the store to be delivered later, but picked up the electrical and plumbing supplies he would need to get ready for them. When he finishes with that, I will help paint and decorate the room.

Thinking about how much work is going into this small project caused me to ponder the remodeling God is continually doing in us when we allow ourselves to be led by Him. Although the word remodel is not in the Scriptures, there are many verses about renewal and transformation. One of my favorites is Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is---His good, pleasing and perfect will."

Another one I really like is Psalm 51:10 when David prays, "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." As we move through this new year God has given us, I pray that we all may be renewed and remodeled by the Great Architect. (Hebrews 11:10) Happy remodeling!

1 comment:

Candice Speare said...

Rose, this is an awesome comparison. For someone who has gone through many different home remodels (me) this is especially good. Makes me realize why I sometimes feel so "messy" when God is doing remodel work in my life and spirit. Thank you! I needed this.

Candice