Welcome to my little bit of cyber-space. It is my prayer that all who enter here may be richly blessed by the God of all grace. All praise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

7th Annual American Christian Fiction Writers Conference

There's a lot of buzz about the upcoming ACFW conference in Minneapolis, MN, September 18-21, 2008. To find out more details and read more blog entries about it go to http://www.acfw.com/ or www.acfw.com/conference. I've been reading several of the blogs and thought I would do something a little different--an acrostic like some of the chapters in the book of Psalms. So, here are a few of the many things I am looking forward to at conference!

Angie Hunt, our keynote speaker
Christian friends
Fellowship--the best this side of heaven!
Wow Worship!

Classes galore
Old friends
New friends
Forever friends
Eating with friends, and editors and agents
Reminiscing about past conferences
Excitement of new contracts
Note-taking
Chocolate party and choir
Expectations of God's blessing

I've already registered and got my hotel and plane reservations. Hope you'll join us for all this and more!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the acrostic, Rose. Very creative! (I can't afford to go this year, though. Sniff! Hope you have a great, productive time.)

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Love your creative slant on the conference post, Rose. Lucky you with your registration, airfare and hotel all booked. Stu and I have our hotel in faith, but we're still waiting on the funds for registration and airfare (or possibly carpooling for a long drive).

Friends, worship, reminiscing, shared excitement, fellowship and the chocolate party. You've covered it all! Praying I can come again this year.

Anonymous said...

Great acrostic, Rose. Showed some creative thinking and a lot of good anticipation of great fun ahead. I've never been to the conference. Would have liked to have gone this year, but it's the same time as my family reunion. My mom's 88 and the reunion means a lot to her, so I had to choose. Guess the reunion will be cheaper - just some a bowl of green beans and a bosenberry pie or whatever. ;) Hope all of you have fun and maybe I'll get there another year. I'd enjoy meeting all those editors and agents plus getting to know some great Christian writers.