25 Great Bits of Advice and Guest Blog
I was already planning on blogging today to let everyone know that I am guest blogging tomorrow on Kaye Dacus's blog at www.kayedacus.com about the top 10 things I have learned at ACFW writers' conferences. Kay is having guest bloggers this whole next month as a build up to our annual Christian writers' conference in September, so I hope you will check it out and leave a comment there or here. Remember that anyone with an address in the US who leaves a comment on my blog during the month of August is eligible for the book drawing. (See last week's post for more info on that.)
Also I received an email today from a special "Forever Friend" from my college days--Judy Alexander from Ohatchee, Alabama. I usually don't post email forwards here (I don't think I ever have!) but this one was too good not to share. I'm gonna print out a copy for my frig and suggest you do the same. Thanks, Judy! ps. Perhaps everyone can tell us what their favorite bit of advice is or one they are going to start doing every day.
Subject: 25 bits of advice ~ so good!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants. 5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries,wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. In stead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick.Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. Please send this to everyone you care about.