Welcome to my little bit of cyber-space. It is my prayer that all who enter here may be richly blessed by the God of all grace. All praise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Saturday, May 02, 2009




I'm on a roll...in wooden shoes!

I think there is a mixed metaphor hiding in my title somewhere! I'm on a blogging roll as I seldom blog two days in a row, but all your comments and congratulations on my 100th post have inspired me. Plus I wanted to pass along the info below about Robin Jones Gunn's latest Sisterchick adventure--Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes. (That's Robin in the photo above wearing the wooden shoes!)

The latest Sisterchick book will be in stores on May 5--that's next Tuesday, just in time for Mother's Day gifts. If either of my daughters are reading this, hint, hint!

Here's a summary from Robin's newsletter: "Summer and Noelle, two pen pals since 4th grade, meet for the first time in the land of tulips and windmills. An abnormal mammogram sends Summer on a quest to fulfill her lifelong wish before she begins the same struggle her mother fought against breast cancer. The story of these two Sisterchicks is brimming with hope and cheer and will bring encouragement for any woman who has faced a fearful future."

Since I have read many of Robin's books, I can tell you that reading one of her stories will encourage ANY woman, so buy it for yourself if you don't get it as a Mother's Day gift.

And in case I don't post again before Mother's Day, prayers for blessing on all women the world around. Even if you aren't a mother, or if, like me, your mother is living in your heart instead of on this earth, I'm sure you can find some woman who needs a word of encouragement and hope--and maybe a gift of a book! Hint, hint!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great read. I'm always hoping Robin Jones Gunn continues to do well so that when I finally publish people will get our names mixed up and buy mine by accident!

Unknown said...

Rose, I haven't read any of Robin's book, but this novel sounds like a great place to start. Robin looks so cute in those wooden shoes. :-)

Happy Mother's Day!

Edna said...

She sounds like a fun person and her books are probably the same way, please enter me into the contest to win one of them

MAy God bless

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net