Welcome to my little bit of cyber-space. It is my prayer that all who enter here may be richly blessed by the God of all grace. All praise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Spotlight on Theresa Franklin and Journey to Fulfillment
1. What books/short stories/articles/poems have you written, whether published or not?
Journey to Fulfillment is my personal testimony. It chronicles the painful events in my life and how they formed my principles and convictions. Don’t Forget Daddy is a children’s book about accepting a new step-parent. A Sunny Tomorrow is a collection of Christian based stories for children. Triumph Through Trial is an adult fiction about a family whose private and public life are completely different. Night of the Cossacks, The Lesson Plan is a curriculum for teachers and home-school parents. It covers all major subjects using the novel Night of the Cossack by Tom Blubaugh.

2. Do you have an all time favorite book? My all time favorite is always the one I just finished writing. I tend to fall in love with my books and characters.

3. What is the accomplishment that you are most proud of? My greatest accomplishment would have to be the lives my children. They are a blessing to me and I am proud of the people they have become.

4. What was your greatest roadblock in writing Journey to Fulfillment and others, and how did you overcome it? It was extremely emotional to relive the painful events in my life. I wrote when I was alone in the house. I allowed myself to go through the experiences and laugh or cry as I needed. It was very cathartic.

5. What advice would you give to an author just beginning? Write from your heart. Don’t just write the book, live it as you are putting the words on the paper.

6. How can readers find the book and where can they find you on the Internet? I would love for the readers to check out my blog. http://theresa-lifesjourney.blogspot.com/ There is a link to all of my books on that blog. They can also be found on amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com

7. Can you tell me a little bit about your newest book? My latest book is Triumph Through Trial about a family living in crisis behind closed doors.

8. When a reader gets done with your book, what do you want them to come away with? I want the readers to have a closer relationship with God because of what they read.

Biography


Theresa Franklin grew up in Houston, Texas. After graduation she attended East Texas Baptist College. There she met her husband on a blind date. They married a short time later and moved outside of Beaumont, Texas where they raised their three children.
She taught school for 12 years. Students with disabilities won her heart and she became Director of Special Education in an effort to better serve them. She retired in 2010 and began writing children’s books.
Theresa is the author of children’s books, Don’t Forget Daddy and A Sunny Tomorrow. Her adult books include non-fiction Journey to Fulfillment and fiction Triumph Through Trial. She has written one curriculum guide for the novel Night of the Cossack, a historical fiction for young adults by Tom Blubaugh, titled Night of the Cossack, Lesson Plan.

2 comments:

Tom Blubaugh said...

Rose & Theresa, Very nice interview. I especially like the part where Night of the Cossack is mentioned. :-)

Blessings,

Tom Blubaugh, Author
Night of the Cossack
http://nightofthecossack.com

Tracy Krauss said...

nice start to the showcase