Welcome to my little bit of cyber-space. It is my prayer that all who enter here may be richly blessed by the God of all grace. All praise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Book Review of Small Town Girl by Ann Gabhart

If you love historicals and/or romance, you will love this book! When I tell others about Kentucky author Ann Gabhart's books I used to say that Angel Sister was my favorite. I now have a new favorite--the sequel to Angel Sister--Small Town Girl.

In the early 1940s, all the inhabitants of Rosey Corner, KY,  are influenced in some way by the war already taking place in Europe. Will America get drawn in, and how will their lives change?

We see the events from September, 1941 to the Pearl Harbor attack on December 7, 1941 and its aftermath through the eyes of Kate Merritt, small-town girl, and Jay Tanner, drifter extraordinaire.

Kate longs to see the world, but also wants to be around her family and all she has ever known in Rosey Corner. Jay surprises himself by settling down in this small town for a few weeks. Can they both overcome hangups from their pasts and admit the love that is growing between them? Can that love overcome an accident and a misunderstanding and a war?

You will have to read the book to find out, and you are in for a treat, because Ann Gabhart is a master at writing the emotions of the characters in a way that makes them seem like your best friends sharing all their secrets with you. I bet you'll have a new favorite novel and author if you do!



 

1 comment:

Ann H Gabhart said...

What a very nice review, Rose! Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to Love Comes Home being released this summer. I'm hoping readers will like finding out what happens next in Rosey Corner. :)