Welcome to my little bit of cyber-space. It is my prayer that all who enter here may be richly blessed by the God of all grace. All praise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year to all, especially to Diane F. who is starting off the new year with a new book...And to you, dear reader, who could win an autographed copy of Mirrored Image by Alice K. Arenz, reviewed below.

Diane is the winner of my monthly book drawing for a copy of Highland Blessings by Jennifer Hudson Taylor. I have contacted her, but if I don't hear back by next Saturday evening, I will have my hubby draw another name.

Mirrored Image by Alice K. Arenz is a must read. I just finished this book last night, and it is a well plotted out mystery with enough red herrings to stock a fish store!

I have read and enjoyed the author's first two books, which were cozy mysteries, but this mystery fits more in the suspense category as you find yourself trying to figure out which of the characters could be the murderer.

I don't want to give any plot points away, so will just second one of the back of the book blurbs by Patti Shene, editor of Starsongs Magazine: "...a roller coaster ride that leaves you breathless. Arenz grips the reader with a fierce intensity that starts with the first sentence and keeps you up all night until the last page is turned."

I know Alice personally, and don't know how such a sweet person can write some of these diabolical characters, but she succeeds at making them very believable.

I hope you will leave a message with your email addy this month to be entered in the drawing which will be held on Feb. 1st for this copy. And if you can't wait, I suggest you check out this and her other two books which I have also reviewed on this blog last year and order one or all of them. Alice's website is www.akawriter.com

No comments: