Welcome to my little bit of cyber-space. It is my prayer that all who enter here may be richly blessed by the God of all grace. All praise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Book Review--Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones

This latest book by Jenny B. Jones is laugh-out-loud hilarious! In fact, I finished it last night at midnight and was afraid I would awaken my husband in the next room with my outbursts of laughter. But, it also has such a grand spiritual lesson of realizing how special we are in God's eyes as His children. And how all our days--past, present and future--are in His hands. At least, that was the spiritual takeaway for me.

It starts out as a rich guy/poor girl "Cinderella" story, but has so many twists and reversals and characters who aren't quite who you thought they were, you wonder how it can ever turn out with a happy ending. As the back cover announces on the invitation: "You are cordially invited to the wedding of the year with the most unlikely bride and groom. Save the date...and say your prayers."

I hope you will join me and Jenny B. Jones' huge fan club on this inspiring journey from Charleston's South of Broad crowd to the homeless of the city and their angel band of helpers. You'll grow along with the characters, and that's always a good thing!

No comments: