Welcome to my little bit of cyber-space. It is my prayer that all who enter here may be richly blessed by the God of all grace. All praise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Musings--Cinquains

The Saturday before Valentine's Day, my local writing group (Licking River Writers) met. One of our members told us the parameters of a cinquain then challenged us to write one in about five minutes. I am sharing below the one I wrote about my husband. A friend suggested I put it in his valentine which I did.

My Husband

My love
Tall and handsome
Gentle, yet powerful
Always caring, always loving
True love.

As you can tell from the number of syllables in each line, the first four lines have 2, 4, 6 and 8 syllables with the fifth line having two, and one topic or thought woven throughout the whole poem. There are other variations, too. I hope some of you will share a cinquain with us.

No comments: