Welcome to my little bit of cyber-space. It is my prayer that all who enter here may be richly blessed by the God of all grace. All praise to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Musings on Scrapbooking

I am posting later in the day than usual because a friend of mine came over and we scrapbooked until 4 PM. For those not familiar with scrapbooking, it is arranging your pictures into a book and writing about them. These books are mainly for family and friends and are fun to put together with different colored papers and decorations. As a retired teacher, I used to use my creativity to produce bulletin boards. Now I scrapbook, using some of the same principles of theme, colors and patterns. It is great fun, and my grandkids love to look at the pages I have created about them. I enjoy it even more when doing it with a friend to talk to like today. What about you--do any of you scrapbook or do something similar you would like to share?

3 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day! I scrapbook once in a while with my sister. It is fun. :)
Blessings,
Karen

Cecelia Dowdy said...

I've never done scrapbooking, but it sounds like fun. When I was on maternity leave, I started a baby book for our son. I had some of his baby pics (including sonogram pics) and I wrote a few things about the photos. Once I started working again, I forgot all about that project! Maybe I should dig it out, dust it off, and continue!

Anonymous said...

Our family did a scrapbook for my moms 95th BD and it was as you say Rose.
fun to do and to be with others. We had many years of memories :). It isn't something I would do on my own. Some of the in-laws-made a scrap book for us to do for grand kids but the fun stuff was done. We just had to add pix. By the way my mom will be 98 Friday.

Blessings,
Dottie